Something Wicked [Spoiler]
I just finished one of the more difficult investigation missions in “The Secret World”. It made me pause a couple of times and lead to a good deal of head scratching. And using the game’s secret sauce “Google”. The Secret World has a built in browser and they expect you to use it, even to look up their puzzles directly, or just to research some of the riddles.
Norma Creed has seen plenty of strange things these days as well as in the past. And she’s dealt with it well. She recalls a series of murders in Kingsmouth a few years back in 2002. It looked like ravens were involved in it. Five steps will solve the mystery:
- Tier 1.
- Find more information about the murder, perhaps in a newspaper.
There’s an archive at City Hall.
- Tier 2.
- The sheriff’s office held back more information on the case.
Check the computer at the sheriff’s station.
- Tier 3.
- The suspect killed himself in his cell. Find a way to get inside the cell and examine it.
No key, no keypad, no saw or cutting torch. Go kill yourself. Find the message on the wall.
- Tier 4.
- There’s a message inside the cell, find out its meaning.
Follow the white raven while still in anima form. It will lead to a group of ravens reciting a nursery rime. Release four of them in the order given by the message in the cell.
Golden Girls, Sorrows Secret (6317)
- Watch out when trying to do the final step in sequence. You share the quest area with others. If other players click things in different places, your sequence gets messed up. Coordinate with other players in the area.
- Tier 5.
- Find Jack.
And this sets the atmosphere of the secret world. Somebody mentioned in chat: “There are no puzzles in MMO’s”. Not until now, not in this form and not that many of them. I know Dungeons & Dragons Online has some and you might even call the platform jumping in SWTOR a puzzle. By myself, I’m not the greatest puzzle solver, but I just like the whole ambiance of the game. I could have left the Kingsmouth area for the next zone a good while ago, but those investigations will keep me here.
© Disclaimer: The Secret World
"The Secret World" is a registered trademark of Funcom GmbH. All logos, images and names are intellectual properties of Funcom GmBH unless otherwise noted. This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Funcom GmbH.